Car Dealership Marketing Tools
When it comes to selling cars, it’s not enough to just park some cars in front of your building, place a sign and wait for interested buyers. You have to be aggressive. You have to be creative. You have to let the masses know why buying a car from you is what they want, and marketing is the way to do it.
There are many marketing tools at your disposal as an auto dealer. Combining traditional marketing methods with digital marketing practices is the best way to create a marketing campaign that works. We’ve put together a list of marketing tools that you should use to make your auto dealership business a success.
Traditional Marketing Methods
- Personal relationships and networking – This is one of the best ways to find potential customers and spread the word about your business. Spend time building relationships that benefit your company, be outgoing and be honest – you’ll be surprised at how fast word-of-mouth gets around!
- Tradeshows – Visit local events and advertise.
- Print advertising – This may be an old-fashioned technique, but it’s still important. Place ads in newspapers and other print media to advertise specials and events.
- Public relations – Focus on portraying your company in a positive light. This goes hand-in-hand with building personal relationships and networking.
- Direct mail – Acquire a mailing list and use it. Send out flyers to announce the release of new models and to advertise upcoming deals and events.
- Telemarketing – This may be a dying tactic, but can still be useful if done correctly. The trick is to offer something of value (whether a discount or important information) when calling.
Digital Marketing Methods
- Content marketing – This is a big one. It’s been said that if you’re not content marketing, you’re not marketing at all. Content marketing can be done through traditional marketing methods, but usually refers to digital means. It’s a way of providing buyers with valuable or entertaining information without sales pitches or a call-to-action. You only want to positively influence your customers in some way.
- SEO – If you have an online presence (and you should!), you want to make it easy for buyers to find you online. This is done through SEO practices that make it so your website ranks in the top of search engine results.
- Email marketing – This tactic is similar to direct mail marketing, but instead of mailing flyers through the mail, you send out emails to the people on your mailing list.
- Social media marketing – This marketing technique tends to scare business owners. It requires a lot of time to be successful at it, but is very important for a successful business. If you don’t have the time to do it yourself, you should hire someone to do it for you.
- Digital advertising – Many people turn to the Internet when first looking to buy a car. You need to have online advertising in place to catch the eye of potential buyers early.
- Webinars – Attend educational webinars and give them yourself. Webinars are very effective in providing and receiving information online.
- Pay-per-click advertising – This method is growing more popular and works well. Your ad is placed on a website and you pay the owner only when someone clicks on your ad.
Marketing requires a lot of time, but keep in mind that Autosbytext.com can help. With detailed vehicle listings, social media capabilities, automatic email responders and scheduled texting, digital marketing has never been easier!